Once upon a time, I had a Valentine’s Day out. We went to a fancy dinner, a romantic movie, and finished the night with drinks and desserts. We got home, and were just exhausted. We fell asleep so quickly, we didn’t have any time to spend alone together! I swore from that moment on, I would devote at least part of my Valentine’s Day evening to the comfortable silence of my home with my valentine. What’s perfect for staying at home? Recipes! Yay!
For this post, I’ve got a delicious, out-of-the-box dinner recipe for you! Steak is SO 2017. This Valentine’s Day, whip up these easy lettuce wraps! What’s best is you can make this recipe vegan! They’re so full of flavor, and they won’t make you feel full and slow, so you’ll still have energy for…later in the night. Let’s get started!
Mongolian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serves 2 people in love.
- Head of butter lettuce
- Package ground chicken (or 2 boxes Tofurky Lightly Seasoned Chick’n)
- 8 ounces finely diced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped seaweed
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- ½ cup tamari
- 1 cup San-J Mongolian Stir-Fry and Marinade
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1-2 tsp celery salt
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp chives
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp saffron
- Pull off about 6 leaves of the butter lettuce, careful not to tear them. It's best to break from the bottom here.
- Wash and dry the leaves, and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large wok or pan on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir around until aromatic.
- Add your choice of chicken and stir until cooked.
- Stir the mushrooms and seaweed into the chicken with the Mongolian sauce.
- Add the tamari, and all of the spices, except for the saffron.
- Stir until everything is well incorporated. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and scoop about 3 tbsp of chicken mixture into each lettuce cup.
- Top each with a pinch of saffron, and enjoy the company of your valentine!
Try this recipe and post it on Facebook or Instagram! Tag the Spice Hut and you just might be featured!