Walking into The Spice Hut can be overwhelming, and probably a bit intimidating... we understand. All of the smells and the options present a feeling of endless possibilities for cooking, baking, and tea drinking. So how do you know where to even start?
This cookie recipe is intended for those of you (like me) who want to try bold new recipes, with wholesome products, while still supporting local businesses.
I found this recipe on Pinterest while trying to find unique cookie ideas, and also being on a total orange cream kick right now. (On a separate note, our Orange Cream Rooibos tea is TO DIE FOR- seriously, so tastey).
The full list of ingredients, outlined on the Pinterest page, (but with our salt and orange peel added) are as follows:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. orange peel granules
- 1 tsp orange extract (or 3-4 drops orange essential oil)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1/2 tsp. fleur de sel
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (12 oz) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 small box vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Mix together sugar and butter. Add egg, vanilla, orange extract and milk
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, pudding mix, salt, orange peel granules and baking soda
- Add flour and sour cream to butter mixture, mixing until smooth
- Mix in white chocolate chips
- Place cookie dough in rounds onto a greased pan
- Bake for 10 minutes or until not runny in the center
Once you start making a few recipes here and there, you begin to gain a small collection of really awesome ingredients. I know it seems overwhelming at first, but with baby steps, and asking us questions, you'll be a pro before you know it!
Baking, or even cooking, isn't about needing to break the bank every single time you want to make something. It's about creating things with intention, and figuring out the flavors and the recipes that you love, so you can keep coming back to them and feeling confident with your ingredients.