Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- ½ cup urad dal (soaked overnight)
- ½ cup red kidney beans (soaked overnight)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp. Spice Hut ® Dal Makhani
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1” ginger root (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 5 oz. tomato paste / or 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
1. Boil beans and dal with turmeric in 3 cups of water* until soft.
2. Add salt to taste. Meanwhile, sauté onion, ginger and garlic in olive oil until golden.
3. Add tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add Spice Hut ® Dal Makhani and cook for another minute.
5. Add this mix to the boiling dal and beans. Stir in cream and cook for 15 - 20 minutes on medium heat until cooked.
*Add more water if needed