- 5 Small Chicken breasts or 3 large (will slightly shrink)
- 4 tsp of Organic Tandoori Masala -Spice hut Seasoning
- 1/2 onion , chopped (brown, white or yellow)
- 1cloves garlic (large) , minced
- 1 tbsp (30g) butter (or olive oil)
- 1 1/2 cups (270g) uncooked white rice (Note 3)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) chicken or veggie broth/stock , hot (I microwave)
- 1 1/4 cups (315 ml) water , hot (tap is fine)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Scatter onion and garlic in a baking dish (about 10 x 15" / 25 x 35 cm), then place butter in the centre. Bake for 15 minutes (check at 12 minutes, mix if some bits are browning too much).
Meanwhile, mix together the Tandoori spice & chicken (Sprinkle on both sides of the chicken).
Remove baking dish from the oven. Add rice then mix.
Place chicken on rice. Then pour chicken broth and water around the chicken and rice.
Cover with foil, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, spray chicken with oil (optional, gives chicken nicer finish), then bake for a further 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed and turns golden.
Stand for 5 minutes, then remove chicken and fluff up rice. Garnish with parsley or thyme if desired, serve and enjoy!