Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1½ cups red lentils (rinsed)
- 3½ cups water
- 4 tsp. Spice Hut ® Dal Masala
- 1 lb. spinach (rinsed & chopped)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1 fresh tomato (finely chopped)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Cilantro for garnishing (chopped)
- Salt to taste
1. In a large saucepan, bring water to boil then add lentils.
2. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add spinach and cook 5 minutes or until lentils are soft.
4. In separate frying pan, heat oil and sauté onion until golden brown.
5. Add tomato and cook another 10 minutes.
6. Stir in Spice Hut ® Dal Masala and salt to taste.
7. Transfer onion mixture to the lentils. Stir in coconut milk and cook until heated trough.
8. Serve and garnish with cilantro.